Last Updated on 26 March, 2023
Best Sorcerer Builds in Diablo 4 – Ultimate Power and Destruction. Right skills and spells, your Sorcerer can become an unstoppable force in the world of Diablo 4.
- 1 Best Sorcerer Builds in Diablo 4 – Ultimate Power and Destruction
- 1.1 Building Your Sorcerer in Diablo 4
- 1.2 Basic Attacks for Sorcerers in Diablo 4
- 1.3 The Best Sorcerer Builds in Diablo 4
- 1.4 Blend Different Skills
- 1.5 Effective Combination
Best Sorcerer Builds in Diablo 4 – Ultimate Power and Destruction
As one of the most powerful ranged magic dealers in the Diablo series, the Sorcerer is a class you definitely want to play in Diablo 4. With the ability to wield several unique types of magic-based attacks, you can choose the best spells to create a customized build that suits your playstyle.
In this article, we will guide you on how to build the best Sorcerer in Diablo 4.
Building Your Sorcerer in Diablo 4
To build a Sorcerer in Diablo 4, you must first understand that the Sorcerer is a ranged attacker with multiple unique spells that can be used against enemies. Each of these attacks is associated with an element and causes a specific type of damage to a target. Naturally, some enemies will be weaker to specific attacks more than others. Therefore, the spells you choose to add to your build will depend on the damage you want to increase and how often you plan to use it.
Basic Attacks for Sorcerers in Diablo 4
When starting your Sorcerer in Diablo 4, you must choose from one of four basic attacks, namely Fire Bolt, Frost Bolt, Spark, or Arc Lash. Each of these attacks determines your character’s basic attack, and you can receive enhanced versions of it, along with every other skill you select. Shock and Arc Lash are both lightning-based basic attacks, while the Fire Bolt is Fire damage, and the Frost Bolt is Cold Damage.
The Best Sorcerer Builds in Diablo 4
To help you choose the best Sorcerer build in Diablo 4, we have compiled a list of the most powerful combinations for each of the three basic attack types.
Fire-Based Sorcerer Build
If you prefer to focus on Fire damage, then this is the build you want to go with:
- Basic Attack: Fire Bolt, Enhanced Fire Bolt, and then Glinting Fire Bolt
- Core Attack: Fireball, Enhanced Fireball, and then Destructive Fireball
- Defensive Skill: Flame Shield, Enhanced Flame Shield, and then Shimmering Flame Shield
- Conjunction Skill: Hydra, Enhanced Hydra, and then Invoked Hydra
- Mastery Skill: Meteor, Enhanced Meteor, and then Wizard’s Meteor
- Ultimate: Inferno
Ice-Based Sorcerer Build
When you prefer to focus on Ice damage and use Ice-based attacks, then this is the build you want to go with:
- Basic Attack: Frost Bolt, Enhanced Frost Bolt, and then Flickering Frost Bolt
- Core Attack: Frozen Orb, Enhanced Frozen Orb, and then Destructive Frozen Orb
- Defensive Skill: Frost Nova, Enhanced Frost Nova, and then Mystical Frost Nova
- Conjunction Skill: Ice Blades, Enhanced Ice Blades, and then Summoned Ice Blades
- Mastery Skill: Blizzard, Enhanced Blizzard, and then Wizard’s Blizzard
- Ultimate: Deep Freeze
Lightning-Based Sorcerer Build
Finally, if you want to create something surrounding the Lightning damage and use Spark, then this is the build you want to go with:
- Basic Attack: Spark, Enhanced Spark, and then Flickering Spark
- Core Attack: Chain Lightning, Enhanced Chain Lightning, and then Destructive Chain Lightning
- Defensive Skill: Teleport, Enhanced Teleport, and then Mystical Teleport
- Conjunction Skill: Lightning Spear, Enhanced Lighting Spear, and then Summoned Crackling Spear
- Mastery Skill: Ball Lightning, Enhanced Ball Lightning, and then Wizard’s Ball Lightning
- Ultimate: Unstable Currents
Blend Different Skills
While the three builds mentioned above are great starting points, you can also blend different skills together to create a more customized Sorcerer build. The key is to select spells that complement each other and allow you to dish out massive damage in a shorter amount of time.
For example: if you want to focus on dealing damage over time while also keeping enemies at bay, you can mix the Fire and Ice builds.
By combining the Flame Shield from the Fire build with the Frost Nova from the Ice build, you can create a powerful combination that deals Fire and Cold damage while also providing some crowd control.
Another effective combination is to mix the Lightning and Ice builds.
By using the Spark attack from the Lightning build and the Frozen Orb from the Ice build, you can create a deadly combination that deals both Lightning and Cold damage to your enemies.
Fire and Ice
When it comes to selecting your mastery skill, you should choose the one that complements your build the most.
For example: if you are using the Fire and Ice combination, the Meteor mastery skill from the Fire build can deal massive damage to enemies in a specific area. On the other hand, if you are using the Lightning and Ice combination, the Blizzard mastery skill from the Ice build can slow down enemies and deal massive Cold damage.
Don’t forget to select the ultimate skill that complements your build. The Inferno ultimate from the Fire build can deal massive Fire damage to all enemies in the area, while the Deep Freeze ultimate from the Ice build can freeze enemies in place and deal massive Cold damage. The Unstable Currents ultimate from the Lightning build can deal massive Lightning damage to all enemies in the area and leave them stunned.