Last Updated on 24 November, 2022
Best MW2 Graphics Settings – Boost fps Modern Warfare 2 – game performance and graphic quality with the best In-Game, Nvidia, and Windows Settings
Best MW2 Graphics Settings – In-Game
These are all the adjustments that we recommend you make within the game – Modern Warfare 2, to optimize the FPS:
Modern Warfare 2 Display:
- Display Mode: Fullscreen
- Constrain Mouse to Game Window: Off
- Display Monitor: Your primary gaming monitor
- Display Adaptor: Your graphics card
- Screen Refresh Rate: Refresh rate of your monitor (e.g. 144)
- Display Resolution: Your monitor’s resolution (e.g 1920×1080)
- Dynamic Resolution: Off
- Aspect Ratio: Automatic
- V-Sync (Gameplay): Off
- V-Sync (Menus): Off
- Custom Framerate Limit: Custom
- Gameplay Custom Framerate Limit: Your monitor’s refresh rate (e.g 144)
- Menu Custom Framerate Limit: 60
- Minimized Game Custom Framerate Limit: 15
- Display Gamma: 2.2 (sRGB)
- Brightness: 55
- Focused Mode: Off
Modern Warfare 2 High Dynamic Range:
- High Dynamic Range (HDR): Off
Modern Warfare 2 Global Quality:
- Quality Presets: Recommended
- Render Resolution: 100
- Fidelity CAS: On
- AMD Fideltity CAS Strength: 75
- Anti-Aliasing: SMAA T2X
- Nearby Level of Detail: High
Modern Warfare 2 Details & Textures
The details and textures are something very personal, there are those who do not mind sacrificing details in exchange for FPS, but there are those who do not, in any case the decision is yours, these recommendations are to optimize the FPS:
- Texture Resolution: Medium
- Texture Filter Anisotropic: High
- Particle Quality: High
- Bullet Impacts & Sprays: On
- Shader Quality: Low
- Tessellation: Nearby Only
- On-Demand Texture Streaming: Off
- Streaming Quality: Low
Best MW2 Graphics Settings – Nvidia
You should adjust your Nvidia card to these settings, and you should also make a note of them because they are beneficial for all games. Simply follow the same procedures to apply these optimizations to other games, substituting the .exe of the other game in step 1.
- Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings > Add MW2 .exe file
- Set Sharpen to 0.40, and Image film grain to 1.00
- Application Controlled Under Anisotropic Filtering
- Turn on Antialiasing Gamma correction.
- Enable Low Latency Mode.
- Set Power Management Mode to Prefer Maximum Performance.
- Enable Shader Cache.
- Turn off Texture Filtering – Anisotropic Sample Optimization.
- Allow Texture Filtering – Negative LOD Bias.
- Set Texture Filtering Quality to High Performance.
- Enable Texture Filtering Trilinear Optimization.
- Select Auto Under Threaded Optimization.
- Change Resolution Tab: native resolution and max refresh rate
- Desktop Color depth: checkmark Use Nvidia Color Settings
- Adjust Desktop Size and Position
- Scaling Mode: Aspect Ratio.
- Perform Scaling on Desktop.
- Resolution: Current.
- Refresh Rate: Highest.
Best MW2 Graphics Settings – Windows
Finally, there are a few adjustments in your Windows settings that are really helpful and may be used for any game. Simply follow the identical procedures to apply these optimizations to other games, substituting the .exe of the desired game in step 3 of the instructions.
- Go to start > Edit Power Plan > Power Options: checkmark Ultimate Performance
- Under Start Type And Open Graphics Settings: click on Browse and add MW2 .exe file > then set its graphics preference to High > Click on Save
Do you want more Best settings & FPS Boost guides? then check: