Last Updated on 26 August, 2022
Guild Wars 2 Chat Commands – Basic Chat, Group & Party Chat, Commanders Commands, Social Commands, Queries & Wiki
Other Guild Wars 2 Guides: Server List & Population
Guild Wars 2 Chat Commands – Basic Chat
All the basic chat commands and shortcuts
- /s or /l = /say /local (channel = Say ) > All players nearby your character
- /g = /guild (channel = Guild ) > Active guild.
- /g1 to /g5 = /guild1 to /guild5 (channel = G1 to G5 ) > Guild 1 to Guild 5.
- /p or /gr = /party or /groupe (channel = Party ) > Current party or subgroup if in a squad.
- /d = /squad (channel = Squad ) > Active squad.
- /t = /team (channel = Team ) > Active team (PvP, WvW, and Daily Activities only.)
- /m, /k, /sh or /y = /map, /karte, /shout, or /yell (channel = Map ) > All players in your current Zone or City.
- /w, /f or/b = /whisper & /tell (channel = Private ) > Sends private message.
- /r or Backspace = /reply (channel = Private ) > Sends private message to the last person who whispered you.
Other Basic Chat Commands
Other basic chat commands and keybinds
- Enter = Begins message or sends pending message (current channel)
- Shift + Enter = Begins squad broadcast message
- Tab = Cycles through chat tabs
- Shift + left click = Creates a link to item or skill or waypoint or point of interest
- Control + left click = Sends a link to item or skill or waypoint or point of interest
Guild Wars 2 Chat Commands – Group & Party Chat
All the group & party chat commands and shortcuts
- /invite + name = invite player (name) join your party.
- /join + name = request to join player’s (name) party.
- /leave = leave party.
- /kick + name = vote to kick party member (name).
- /resign = Kill yourself (Also /ff, /gg, /qq)
- /squadjoin commander_name = join a commander’s squad. (Also /sqjoin)
- /squadleave = leave squad (Also /sqleave)
- /squadinvite = invite to squad (Also /sqinvite)
- /mentor = enable or disable mentor tag.
Commanders Exclusive Chat Commands
All the Commanders Exclusive chat commands and shortcuts
- /squadinfo – Supply carried by each squad member
- /supplyinfo – Supply carried by each player near you
Guild Wars 2 Chat Commands – Social
All the social chat commands and shortcuts
- /friend + name = add player (name) to contact list.
- /unfriend + name = remove player (name) from contact list.
- /block or /ignore + name = block or ignore player (name)
- /unblock or /unignore + name = unblock or unignore player (name)
- /lfg = toggle between “Looking for Group” and “Online”
- /ginvite + name = Invites player (name) to current guild.
Guild Wars 2 Chat Commands – Queries
All the queries
- /age – Amount of time you have played (Guild Wars 2)
- /rank – Banner with your current PvP Rank
- /rank (1 – 80) – Banner with your a PvP Rank between 1 and 80, but no higher than your current rank.
- /deaths – Number of times your character has died
- /ip – IP address of the server.
- /support or /bug – Support panel.
- /stuck – teleports the player to a nearest walkable point
- /time – Current Tyrian Time.
- /emotelist – List of available Emotes.
All the wiki queries
- /wiki – Wiki’s home page.
- /wiki (keyword) – Wiki article named “keyword”
- /wiki [chat link] – Wiki Chat link
- /wiki DE: <keyword>, /wiki ES: <keyword>, or /wiki FR: <keyword> – Wiki article named “keyword” in the languaje of your choice
- /wiki GWW: <keyword> -Wiki matching “keyword” articles