Last Updated on 29 January, 2023
How to Boil Water in Project Zomboid – Campfire & Oven – Also how to make a campfire and how to get tainted water
How to Boil Water in Project Zomboid – Campfire
The first times you boil water you will do it practically in the middle of nature, and as you will see the process is not very complicated
- Put the tainted water into a cooking pot
- Build a campfire and fuel it up
- Light the campfire using a lighter or matches
- Place the cooking pot with water over the lit fire
- Wait until the ‘tainted’ attribute is gone from the item and take it back into your inventory
How to Make a Campfire?
Three wooden planks and some bandages or paper will make a campfire kit. After that you need an ignition source, the easiest of which is kindling which is made from a knotted plank and sturdy stick (taking a screwdriver to one plank and a saw to another plank)
With the campfire kit in your inventory, right clicking will give you the option to build a campfire, which you can then light using the kindling.
Tip: After building your campfire you will need fuel, and although any magazine or book can help you, the best are the logs
As you are surely taking your first steps in the game and you are a little lost, we leave you this video guide of Mister Lamprey so you can see how to make your first campfire
How to Boil Water in Project Zomboid – Oven
Although you can also boil water when you start to have more comforts, the oven makes the task easier
- Put the tainted water in a cooking pot
- Open up the oven’s inventory and drag the water inside
- Turn the oven on using the oven control menu. (Right click the oven and select controls)
- Wait for the water to turn into boiling water
- Enjoy fresh clean water that won’t get you sick!
How to get Tainted Water?
You just have to locate a body of water, any lake and any river will do, and take a container with you, such as a cooking pot, a water bottle and even an alcohol bottle, but make sure the container is empty. Right click on the body of water and you will see the Fill option, as you will see, if you have several empty containers, you can fill them all with water.
Tip: If you use containers in which you can then boil the water directly, such as the Cooking pot, it is faster
Other Project Zomboid Guides: